The staff will be producing weekly learning packs to help you to provide home learning support for your children during this current lockdown period. The packs include a selection of activities for you to complete at home and include age appropriate content for English, Maths and Topic work. You will be able to download each pack from the website every Sunday in order for you to deliver the work the following week. Unfortunately, the teachers are unable to mark this work but when this period is over and normality returns we will all be keen to see what you have been up to. If you are unable to access the website please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These packs should provide enough work for each day. Each Year group's page has a link to the White Rose Hub for Maths - here you will find daily maths videos, worksheets (and answers) at an appropriate level for each year group.
Should you need more, don’t forget to refer to the websites identified in the initial packs that went out before Easter.
Here are some tips to help support learning at home:
1) Have a clear routine
2) Have a regular start time and if possible maximize learning opportunities in the morning.
3) Try and find a space dedicated to learning
4) Make the most of your regular exercise time
5) Use other resources that interest your children - Be guided by their interests
6) Make time for breaks – For you and the children!
7) Celebrate effort – Also look to share work with relatives via Facetime, Zoom, Skype etc – This gives the work a real purpose.
8) Make time to talk to friends via facetime, Zoom, Houseparty etc – Please be aware of E-safety guidance!
We realise that many of you will be trying to work from home at the same time as teaching your children. However, remember children generally thrive when there is clear structure and routine so try to fit this into your working day where possible.
These are unprecedented times and we cannot underestimate the strain this puts on everyone’s wellbeing.
Please do not forget to talk to your children about what is going on around the world, at an age appropriate level (watching CBBC Newsround daily gives a really nice update at the right level).
Finally, take time to play games, read stories and spend time with your children and most importantly of all stay safe!